When you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, there are so many decisions to make. Which baby carrier? Immunize or not? Which breast pump is the best?
Choosing where you get your breast pump shouldn’t be a decision you have to make. Even though there are so many options of places to get your breast pump through insurance, The Breastfeeding Shop is hands down the easiest way to get your breast pump!
You might be wondering why Stars & Stripes Doulas and our team of military doulas are able to recommend one shop over the rest and it’s easy. I have had four different breastfeeding journeys after pregnancy with 3 out of the 4 being exclusively pumping. This girl knows pumps. I also know good customer service. My last pregnancy I found The Breastfeeding Shop and I will never turn back.
What do you need to do to receive a breast pump through The Breastfeeding Shop with your insurance?
- Get a written prescription through your provider. If you don’t have one yet, The Breastfeeding Shop will contact your doctor for you!
- Choose your breast pump. This might be the most daunting task of the whole process! The Breastfeeding Shop has 10 pumps to choose from and a handy chart of features included with each. If you need help selecting which pump is best for you, read my reviews on Spectra and Medela pumps – I highly recommend either of these brands (Especially Spectra) over any other pumps on the market!
- Fill out the insurance form online and submit with a copy of your written prescription.
- Your order is shipped to your front door quickly – usually within a couple days!
Now that you have read how easy the process is to order your breast pump from The Breastfeeding Shop, you want to know how this shop made it as the only recommended business to get a breast pump for right? That’s easy – Here are all of the other reasons I love The Breastfeeding Shop!
- The Breastfeeding Shop knows Tricare. Sure they work with MANY other insurances, but they really know Tricare and how to maximize your benefits! After speaking to Patty, a representative for The Breastfeeding Shop, at a recent MilSpouse event, I realized just how much she cares about ensuring that military families are taken care of!
- This one is a HUGE one. The Breastfeeding Shop does not charge an upgrade fee no matter which pump you choose! That means you can get the amazing Spectra S1 with the internal battery and not come out of pocket to upgrade. This one little thing is a savings of up to $150! Many other companies charge an upgrade fee to get any pump other than a Medela Pump in Style insurance model.
- The Breastfeeding Shop will continuously send you supplies throughout your pumping journey. This means no more coming out of pocket to go to the store to buy replacement parts or bags.
- They ship your pump right to your door in a matter of days. Literally could be as little as 3 days depending on where you live and what insurance you have! You don’t have to leave your house, you don’t have to shop around online for the best deal or submit reimbursement paperwork to your insurance.
The Breastfeeding Shop sure knows how to make this easy on you Mom because they know that the rest of motherhood is unpredictable and relatively seamless so they want to make this process easier on you! Go ahead and check out The Breastfeeding Shop’s easy to fill out forms and get your breastfeeding journey started with ease today!
Written by Melanie Binversie, Owner and Lead Doula of Stars and Stripes Doulas of Washington DC