Still looking for the perfect fireworks spot, or making some last minute plans this 4th of July? Look no further! Here’s the best shows to catch this year!
– Colonial Williamsburg – Plan a day touring Colonial Williamsburg, and they grab a seat on the Palace green for the perfect spot to see the fireworks! If crowds aren’t your thing, a block away in front of the Art Museum is a big lawn with plenty of room for the kids to run and still a view of the fireworks! Starts at 9pm
– Busch Gardens – If you need to plan an off night of fireworks, then check out Busch Gardens and their firework display on July 3rd, July 4th, and July 5th starting at 9:30pm
– Yorktown Beach – Want to start your day early? Head to Yorktown Beach for the 5k/8k run, stay for the parade and festivities and pic the perfect spot on the beach or the hill to see the show! Starts at 9:15pm
– Hampton – Get to Ft Monroe before 8pm to catch their spectacular display starting at 9:15pm! No one will be admitted to the fort after 8pm!
– Chesapeake – Join US Fleet Forces Band at the Chesapeake City Park at 5pm for a concert and other entrainment to include bounce houses for the kids! Fireworks will begin after sunset, being $5 for parking!
– Virginia Beach – Everyone’s favorite park will be having a festival starting at 4pm with tons of fun for the family! Fireworks will begin at 9:30 pm, limited parking available for $10.
– Virginia Beach on the Beach- Head our to the beach for a romantic night next to the waves, starting at 7pm on the Oceanfront with a concert before the fireworks begin at 9:30pm!
Don’t be a law breaker setting off your own fireworks this year! Save your money, and head to one of the shows for a professional, dazzling show!
Happy 4th of July!
Written by: Hampton Roads Doula, Megan Harless