Our Clients Love:
- Our commitment to military families as the nation’s premier military doula agency
- Our personal and professional experience in local military hospitals and culture as well as surrounding civilian hospitals
- Our collaborative approach to your care by working professionally with those you have carefully selected for your birth team
- Our partnership–allowing you to feel comfortable and supported by each doula on your team which each have unique strengths that benefit you
- Our 24/7 on-call availability (call, text, or email support) from the moment of contract signing
- Our flexibility and innovativeness offering services on your watch while finding innovative ways to provide superior care
- Our dedication to remain current, relevant, and experts on all things related to pregnancy, birth, and parenting
- Our professional network which we have carefully crafted to ensure our clients receive the best because they deserve it
- Our certification with the most current and professional doula certification organization where accountability is important
- Our up-to-date CPR certification through the American Red Cross
- Our background checks because ensuring safety is paramount in this line of work
- Our flat rates which do not vary from duty-station to duty-station
- Most importantly, our consistent, judgement-free, unbiased support in the decisions that you make for your family
Q: Do you only support military families?
A: Nope! As military spouses we have unique advantages such as military base access, a personal understanding of military lifestyle, and a passion for supporting those who serve. We are the nation’s only military doula agency and feel great pride in that. While the majority of our clients are military or public servant affiliated, as professional doulas we support many clients who have no affiliation with either such as doctors, dancers, IT professionals, lawyers, musicians, and many more! We often find clients hire military doulas because they have a personal connection with the military or feel a degree of patriotism by supporting a military-affiliated organization.
Q: Do you replace my partner?
A: Absolutely not! Your partner knows you best and together we can work as a team to give you the best support possible. Having a doula on your team means your partner can step out for a bite to eat or use the restroom and you will never be left alone during labor! A doula can help remind a partner of the comfort measures that might feel best during each stage of labor. A doula is an addition to your partner, never a replacement.
About Our Owners
With a tremendous passion for supporting families, Melissa has been the region’s premier birth and parenting neighbor, friend, and professional for nearly ten years. Melissa proudly earned an Associates of Applied Science with a focus in Emergency Medicine, Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a minor in Counseling, and a Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy. Melissa began her career as a doula after training through Loss Doulas International as a Bereavement Doula after the birth and loss of her dear friend’s beloved daughter then completing Labor and Postpartum Doula training and certification through DONA and ProDoula. One of Melissa’s greatest honors was being nominated as Joint Base Andrews Spouse of the Year in 2016 and 2017 and being recognized on a national level for her dedication to the field of pregnancy and infant loss. Melissa enjoys spending her time volunteering as an Ombudsman for her husband’s command and with Postpartum Support Virginia, Crisis Text Line, and Operation Special Delivery. She also enjoys pinteresting, window shopping, and exploring the city. Melissa resides at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans with her husband, AJ, two awesome boys, silly Great Dane, and two rowdy kitties.
A Virginia native with over a decade of experience in public service as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter, and jail medic; as well as, a proud surrogate make Melanie the leading expert in health and wellness, pregnancy, birth, postpartum, breastfeeding, and exclusive pumping in our community. Melanie worked hard to earn a 4.0 GPA at American Military University where she graduated in May 2017 with a Bachelor of Arts in Emergency and Disaster Management with a minor in Intelligence Studies. She began studying with ProDoula in early 2016 after years of supporting families in her community and in the surrogacy world, and earned her certification soon thereafter. Melanie knew she was destined to become a doula the moment she delivered a sweet baby girl into the arms of her loving parents. She believes there is no greater moment in the world than that of the birth of a new family. Melanie is a dedicated volunteer and Social Media Coordinator with the PTA at her children’s school, AMU’s Ambassador Program, and has donated over 23,500 ounces of milk to the Preemie Milk Bank and thousands to moms in need. She enjoys geocatching with her family, running with her husband in local races and also with Stroller Warriors, and traveling and exploring new camping sites. Melanie resides in Fort Belvoir, Virginia with her sweet husband Kurt and their three amazing children.