Finding a quality, comfortable bra is hard enough, but when you add “nursing accessible” to the specifications, the difficulty level reaches new limits. That is why I have kept my eyes and ears peeled, and recalled my own days of nursing in order to recommend the best places to find great nursing bras.
- Nordstrom– This chain will measure you for a properly fitting bra, whether it’s for a nursing bra or not. For an added fee, they will also convert any bra into a nursing bra, in case you had your eye on a favorite that is not equipped for nursing.
- Kohl’s– Between their sales, and the vast variety of brands they offer, Kohl’s is a great place to find exactly what you are looking for in a nursing bra.
- Motherhood Maternity– On the subject of great nursing bra sales, Motherhood Maternity offers many. Not only do I know how comfortable their Sports Clip Down Nursing Bras are from personal experience, they often offer multipacks of their best sellers so that you can get the best deal.
- Target– As if us moms needed another reason to love Target, they also have a great selection of nursing and maternity wear that grows every year. Their Bravado! Designs Seamless Nursing Bra is rated the best of their selection online. Conveniently, Target can definitely become your one-stop shop for maternity and baby products.
- Breastfeeding Center of Greater Washington– Stars and Stripes Doulas recommends the Breastfeeding Center to our DC Metro clients, and it is wonderful to know that in addition to lactation support, they also offer complimentary expert bra fittings and a wide selection of nursing bras. Call 202-293-5182 to schedule your fitting appointment.
- Well Dressed Mamma– Local to the DC area, this business offers convenience and quality for the busy mom. Their tried and true products can be ordered on their website (free shipping over $100). Or, to schedule an in-home consultation, fill out this contact form. With as many great testimonies their “about us” section boasts, you can’t go wrong shopping this local business.
Written by: Justine Robinson of Stars and Stripes Doulas of Washington DC