There is probably no question that growing up you got clothes, underwear, socks, and the other most ridiculous toys and gifts.
Now, being a grown up you have the ability to decide what you want! Buying it for yourself, asking Santa, or even getting it for your children, here are 10 of my favorite things on my list this year!
- A cute beanie! Bad hair day? Haven’t showered? The perfect beanie can totally help you hide that mess! My favorite is a CC beanie with or without the pom. You can find one at many different places, but I got mine from Stitchbee Boutique, which happens to be owned by a fellow military spouse!
- Ninja Coffee Bar. I’m definitely asking Santa for this! The sister appliance to the Ninja Bullet Blender, the Coffee Bar allows you to brew anything from 1 cup to a whole pot! An added bonus – no additional waste of the k-cups! This is the perfect gift for that busy or new mom who deserves having that extra large cup in the morning!
- Wondering if you are really related to that off the wall Uncle? You can now run a DNA test to find out your ancestry, and can even find out what medical markers your DNA carries! Ancestry.com and 23 & Me are the 2 top companies to offer this. Both offer different options so you can have your pick of what you are looking for!
- The Decco Motion Sensor device. This is perfect for your children who are mobile and moving! It sits around the door knob of the door, and send you a notification to your phone when the door opens! Put one on the bedroom door, and another on each exterior door, then get the notification when your child wakes from nap time and starts wondering the house to find you!
- A great tumbler! There are so many on the market from the expensive Yeti, to cheaper knock off versions. It doesn’t matter where it comes from, but a good tumbler is a very much needed gift! Keep that extra cup of coffee hot or that iced tea cold!
- The weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful, so let me curl up with a cozy knit throw! My favorite is the soft knit one from Target. We have one that my kids are constantly fighting over! Looks like Santa will be bringing each of them their own!
- Subscription Boxes. Who doesn’t love mail and surprises each month! There is pretty much a subscription box for everything! Shave club for men, makeup boxes, date night boxes, and STEM boxes for kids! It’s a great way to provide an experience well beyond the holiday season!
- OSMO system for iPad! Perfect for older kids learning shapes, numbers, spelling, and even drawing. It’s fun and educational which makes it a win-win for anyone!
- Passes to anything! Why buy another toy that can break when you could buy an experience with memories to last a life time? Something kids of all ages and parents could enjoy too! Think family passes to the zoo, children’s museum, amusement park or even movie. There is bound to be something for everyone!
- Homedics White Noise Machine. Never underestimate the power of a noise machine for anyone! A little help for calming a baby, or drowning out outside noise for an adult, this is something anyone can benefit from!
Written by: Megan Harless, Lead Doula of Stars and Stripes Doulas of Hampton Roads