You’re here checking out our website and trying to find an answer to what sets us apart from the other doulas you have contacted…
As we are expanding nationwide, we want to make sure that everyone knows what sets a Stars and Stripes Doula apart from other doulas in your area. Doulas are amazing and generous people. They have a heart to support women and families through one of the most intimate periods of time in their life. I would be willing to bet that every doula has this quality. So if we all have that quality, you’re wondering why you should hire a Stars and Stripes Doula over other doulas right?
- Professionalism – You can expect the same professionalism from your Stars and Stripes Doula no matter which chapter you are hiring. We expect the same level of professionalism from each and every doula we hire. You will have a doula that shows up on time every time representing our highly respected brand. Further, we hope to one day have a Stars and Stripes Doula Chapter at every major military installation so that when you PCS, that is one less thing that you have to research because you already know and admire the professionalism that you receive with Stars and Stripes Doulas.
- Military Affiliation — Our doulas understand this fickle military life – not just in theory, but from personal experience. They understand military rank structure, processes to enter and exit gates, acronyms that no one else understands. They understand that sometimes our only support system is our husband and in his absence, it is our friends that become family.
- Medical Professional Respect—We respect medical professionals and understand that the medical professionals we work with have the best interest of the baby and the mother at the forefront of their decision making. We work with them cohesively as a team and they welcome us into their Labor and Delivery Rooms.
- Doula Partner Care—We hire doulas as teams. This means that our doulas have family time. In this military life, it is important that our doulas have time with our families! But for our clients, that means you will meet both of your doulas and have support from both of them from the moment of hiring. This also means that should one doula be busy on the day of your birth, you already know and are comfortable with the other doula.
- Consistent Pricing—We know that cost of living changes. BAH Changes. You receive additional stipends at some duty stations. What you can expect from us is consistent pricing so that no matter where you go, you receive the same level of care for the same price with no inflation in more expensive areas of living because we know that your base pay stays the same no matter where you reside.
- On-Call Status Immediately—We know that that the baby business is unpredictable. There is no magical time frame where you will need our services. We are on-call and ready to give advice and build relationships beginning at the time you sign the contract whether that is at 12 weeks or 38 weeks. You will also be comforted to know that should delivery be imminent prior to your baby being term, we are going to be at your birth no matter what because our on-call status starts at contract signing, not 38 weeks like many other doulas.
There is already so much uncertainty surrounding the birth day of your baby, knowing the quality of care you are receiving from our doulas should not be a surprise! We should be that constant and comfortable companion by the time we report to the birth of your baby and beyond! So don’t hesitate – Contact Stars and Stripes Doulas today to hire your professional doula for your birth and postpartum needs.
Written by: Melanie Binversie